Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Illusion

I saw her that day while walking on the road,
She was gliding on the path with her bouncing hair,
I tried to avert her binding gaze,
But failed too soon looking straight into her eyes,
Everything else seemed to be in haze,
She seemed so sweet & nice,
Her large round eyes were so mystic I guess,
That I couldn't love her ever less,
She came towards me smiling lightly,
I rubbed my eyes as it was too unlikely,
Dreaming I was, that was for sure,
Love as is known, has no cure,
So stunned I remained fixed in my spot,
I wanted this illusion to last a lot,
She came to me & called me near,
I could just sigh with fear,
How strange I felt at that very moment,
A feeling of both blessing & torment,
She came nearer touching my lips,
Touching as if some sort of melodious dish,
Abruptly then she started retreating,
Called her I with all my mighty being,
The ravishing beauty didn't reply,
But only smiled as she went farther by,
For the last moment I saw her there,
Next moment she was nowhere near,
I realized with gloom that it was indeed a dream,
Materialized by my heart's desire to the brim,
She had in reality passed by long ago,
Leaving me alone with devoid of her shadow,
I sighed again, this time in vain,
That illusion left so deep a stain,
That I till today cry with pain,
I do try to think with my brain,
But my heart takes over & makes me cry,
Because I couldn't even tell her good bye,
Although it was never real,
Although it was so surreal,
I wish that I see her again someday,
Passing by me just like that day,
The next time I won't be just standing,
I would rush to her with my longest longing,
Which happens to share my love with her,
Without any reason, worry or fear,
That day will come, I cannot but believe,
Then I would tell her & secure relief,
So much hope was filled in me that day,
Still now I wait for her to pass by everyday.

No comments: