Friday, May 25, 2012

While I Go

I wrote this one while sitting in a metro going to meet some friends and as I had nothing to do, I scribbled this hastily in my phone... It's not too good, but still I would like to share this...

Sitting on my way, on a bright subway,
Scores of faces around, some vigilant some silent & sound,
I look all around me, wondering what's their destiny,
And whether they have noticed me too, or at each other in secret ways all new,
As places come and places go, I suddenly realize that I should know,
New faces arrive and the old ones depart, just like the course of nature since its start,
I look around again, wanting to know about all of them in vain,
Still some are stylish, some plain, some erudite, some diffident and uncertain,
Some listening to music softly and slowly, some a little louder sharing melody,
And time passes by oblivious to all, as I realize that I must go,
For my destiny has come, shared with some having the same as me,
Some not so, who I wish could see where they want to be,
But alas, as I said , I must go, leaving them behind, for another time, another day,
Another train, and another way, with an ending unaccounted, ending today.

No comments: