Monday, July 2, 2012

Period

Today in coaching Sir came a little bit too late, so during that time, I wrote up one, trying to bring what my senses were perceiving during that period into words...

About the center of the room, I sit poker faced,
Silence shed as in those moments rare,
Sitting with a friend, commotion embraced...

Here I wait, prepared to study,
To add more to the knowledge already muddy,
Here I sit, with a new buddy,
Waiting for peace, so that I may study...

It's a normal room, under the ground,
Where pupils come, for time some sound,
Grouped in hours, boundaries blurred,
Gossips and books, cascaded so fine,
I imprint in memory, this moment now mine...

In that crowd, upon a beaming beauty I gaze,
To my dismay & relief, she emerges a maze,
Looks so virtuous yet so vile, a tangle of thoughts,
Submerged in herself, while her friend beside talks,
Many more are around her, still I see her lonely,
Because everytime I look up, it's now her I see only...

Suddenly a foolish thought, brushes my shocked mind,
Can she be the one, who I am born to find?
I shove it aside swiftly, learned from the past,
These moments come often, but never do they last,
And this too will end, when the class begins,
But as long as it lasts, dazed I will be,
Hidden from her eyes, while I see only she...

I swing my view around, reluctantly away from her,
Flinging her image away, as a distant star,
What are others thinking, ask to myself me,
Later feeling the wrong, for they were not born free,
They think what told, they do what told,
They shout like no tomorrow, that's the only thing untold,
And now I must go, for shortly class will begin,
Leaving these precious moments behind, barely felt, always unseen...

No comments: