Monday, June 25, 2012

Towards Light

When life is tough, it hurts,
And that's an old story,
When the fight is over,
No matter who won,
Those who are dead,
Have a divine glory,
You know their value,
Know their valour,
Know what the chose to be,
Life is no different,
You have to fight sans death,
Keep the courage,
And that's an old story...

Cliche lines, daily quotes,
Have turned now grey and hoary,
My love was blind & yours was missing,
My heart bled all and I was broken,
I felt so low, devoid any glee,
My eyes unfocused, mind wanting to flee,
Same words as before, same do they mean,
So I say skip the past, for that's an old story...

Old is gold, rare moments come,
When this line fails to stay true,
It's actually tarnished, demoned and lone,
The old only remains fit,
To pave the path for a life new,
Keep trodding, and feel the fear,
Of the unknown future, what it has,
And know that it is better, than the lovely pain,
The past has reminded, time and again,
Hold on to the lessons, and forget the tears,
What else to say, that's an old story...

Think of advancing, like a baby ignorant,
Along the time, as it goes,
From darkness to light,
From moments to ages,
From blissed to blessed,
From agony to blossom,
From night to day,
From seconds to time,
From me to us,
From you to thee,
From race to trots,
From trails to paths,
From life to love,
And from fury to fear, overcome though,
From reading to feel,
From freedom to freed,
From vanity to sane,
Which I hope you'll be,
And I as always, as abrupt it may seem,
Say goodbye now, with this old story...

No comments: