Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Memory

I remembered those days,
When we were still friends,
Lying in my bed and wondering,
Why did you come yesterday night,
After aeons so long in & as my dream,
Reminding me you live, yet again?

The memories of those days, although a few,
Came rushing by, while thinking of you,
The wrong was mine, but an also also is there,
Lurking somewhere in the realm,
But you refuse to believe it,
And I refuse to lie; we're deadlocked for life.

I felt in my trance,
In my mind & heart somewhere,
You reside still as a happy memory,
Never to be realized again as a friend even,
But never to leave, be it war or sorrow,
As suddenly coming in my thoughts today.

Confused I am, and who would be not,
When the one you know no more,
Comes into your dreams one fine day,
Like a tumultuous ocean, both alive & dead,
Trying to change all you forced yourself to believe,
The ignoble lies of the years before?

Though an imprint won't be left forever,
Of that kink in that reality now straight,
Time will take it again, as it has healed before,
The wait will pain, but in paucity no more,
I'll just pray you be happy, with every glee sans any gloom,
In your life away from all strife, with a lovely future sure to bloom.

No comments: