Thursday, November 4, 2010

Soulless

The day I I finally came,
Was like the very day or maybe the same,
When I had to go away lonely,
Without any prologue just so suddenly,
I can now feel the power surging, binded for years within me,
The strength rising steadily, a water drop turning into sea,
Gradually it unfolds like a bouldered path under the sun,
But it does so, and that's enough for me to want,
As I had tried hard to let go yet clutched the soul like a prey,
For I had lost my soul when you had gone away that day.

And destiny took its final toll on me,
If at all it could be called my destiny,
Because it was just me who had lost everything in the light,
And didn't even try to put up a good fight,
The water splurged, the earth erupted, and I was left desolate,
I felt myself being crumpled under my own weight,
In devastation burned everything, the remains unalterable forever,
Without you, since that moment I was able to live never,
Something beyond death happened to me on that day,
For I had lost my soul when you had gone away that day.

I awaited salvation, and have won it at last,
But don't know why my memories keep haunting me from the past,
Maybe I need something more than just freedom,
Something more than all the fortunes of the kingdom,
Something like my soul which I can find no more,
Finding which in a new rising I will really adore,
I wait, just wait for this eternal cycle to end,
And a new day a new beginning God will surely send,
Whence I shall realize a new kind of today,
For I had lost my soul when you had gone away that day .

No comments: