Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Friends

I am alone sometimes, but I never want to feel lonely,
Regardless of all the lovely lies of life, regardless of what I know surely,
They try to drive me away, from all as I know,
The world has other places for me they say, where I should go,
But I linger with those wretched souls, friends the name known they are by,
For from my heart at least I have known them to be mine, though from theirs I'm just an alibi,
Some know me real, some haven't ever tried,
Some feel sorry that I laugh too much, some know about all the nights I have cried,
They betray their love as finely as hate, and I am perplexed as to whether I want to be,
With them on the landscape best enjoyed solely by me,
If they are worth sharing the joy, even if I am worth being tolerated by their sanity,
I care not for the answer though this present moment verily,
All I care for, is that I am with others instead of being lonely,
Misty skies wonder what my plight is, why I am thinking the way I write,
I ignore their queries, anything they ask, I can just not heed, unable to match their sight,
Because I have answers to none, of the what's and why's,
But as always I declare, I don't care, I don't care that you think I'm not nice,
Misunderstandings of cold torture are none, both sides know I know,
Still they creep in slow and steady, for the seeds of endurance, I had not got time to sow,
I love my friends, they're all I care for today, and I know they feel the same too,
Or maybe not, but who am I to say?
Whatever happens, I realize time an again, today I live, and tonight I may die,
Whatever happens, I realize time and again, I will always know I took time to try,
So when people ask me today why I am still not alone, I say, I don't want to be lonely,
Even if it means a few sporadic moments, when I am left just there to be alone only.

No comments: